Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Re : prestressed eigen analysis

Shyamsananth Madhavan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I got an query in prestressed eigen analysis.In comsol, we go a static analysis with large deformation on , then use this as a linearization point for the eigen analysis.
My doubts:
1) What is linearization point or related in comsol? what variables are considered from the static analysis to the eigen analysis ? Is it displacements alone or some stresses ?
2) As far I a know , eigen analysis is independent of forces , so why static analysis is required, ? Can some elaborate the matrix methodology involved here?
3) Is that , we obtain the displacements and substitute them in U(transpose) K U/ U(transpose) M U ... so obtain the frequecy?
OR
use the deformed profile of structure as starting profile , build the K and M matrix , use for Eigen analysis???

Please help me with the background of this problem......

0 Replies Last Post Aug 9, 2010, 5:59 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shyamsananth Madhavan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.