Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I draw regular(rectangular or square) grids in mesh?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I met a question.

How can I draw regular(rectangular or Square) grids in mesh part?

For example,
I have a 2D dimension, 10m*10m, I want to divide it to 100 grids with dimension 1m*1m, how can I do it?

thank you very much!!

2 Replies Last Post Sep 17, 2010, 11:52 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 16, 2010, 5:03 p.m. EDT
Hi

first of all, try a "search" on the forum, this question has been answered several times I believe.

In anycase you have a few ways,: define a fine enough mapped mesh, and sweep it over, or mesh the edges and then apply a free mapped mesh

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi first of all, try a "search" on the forum, this question has been answered several times I believe. In anycase you have a few ways,: define a fine enough mapped mesh, and sweep it over, or mesh the edges and then apply a free mapped mesh -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 17, 2010, 11:52 a.m. EDT
TIvar, hank you very much
TIvar, hank you very much

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.