Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Complex acoustic pressure?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have been working with several acoustic simulations with very good success, but it would be helpful if I had the option to view/export complex data. I am working with a frequency domain analysis, and it is my understanding that frequency domain models are naturally solved using complex numbers. Is there any chance of accessing the complex pressure solution (all I have right now is the real component)?

Thanks,

Matt

2 Replies Last Post Aug 23, 2011, 9:24 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Matt Donarski

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 13, 2011, 3:10 p.m. EDT
Hi Matt,,

I now have the same issue. Do you solve the problem?
Hi Matt,, I now have the same issue. Do you solve the problem?

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 23, 2011, 9:24 a.m. EDT
Hey,

I work with COMSOL Multiphysics 4.1.

To get complex pressure values you can go to "Model builder" window and then follow the path: Results>derived values>point probe expression (this last part may be different for you) and then press the evaluation button in the "settings" window.

Hope it help you out,

Alireza
Hey, I work with COMSOL Multiphysics 4.1. To get complex pressure values you can go to "Model builder" window and then follow the path: Results>derived values>point probe expression (this last part may be different for you) and then press the evaluation button in the "settings" window. Hope it help you out, Alireza

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.