Multiphysics simulation of batteries – 45 min webinar - Archived
Electrification, charge speed and green energy have become hot topics this decade. Batteries are central to all topics problems. Batteries for the future have to have larger capacity, be robust and safe, and also as small and light as possible. The pursuit of these goals and an edge in the competition is continuous. In this webinar we explore how battery modelling in COMSOL Multiphysics® can aid in this.
The agenda for the webinar is:
- Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics® and how to model batteries with the Battery Design Module
- How to analyze potential and current distribution in battery cells and packs
- The multiphysics of a battery pack: Nernst-Planck and Butler-Volmer equations, the electrochemical equations at the porous electrodes, electrochemical heating and thermal expansion
- Examples of battery simulation in the industry
- Demonstration of a 2D-model of a Lithium-ion battery
The webinar is free, and no knowledge of COMSOL is needed. Logg on via PC, pad or smartphone and be inspired by multiphysics simulations.
Archived Webinar Details
Nikolai Ubostad works as an applications engineer at COMSOL Norway. He started in 2019, having received his PhD in mathematics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.