Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Maximum and minimum

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using the parameter sweep study to optimize my system. In my case I am trying to maximize the acoustic pressure by changing geometries. I can see the results (maximum and minimum) for a single parameter value, but I need to see the maximum across all tested values. Is it possible to find the maximum across all parameter values, or at least export the parameter values? I have far too many values to practically look at each one individually.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 5, 2016, 5:30 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Oct 5, 2016, 5:30 p.m. EDT
Hello,

To find maximum of dependent variable in model for each value of a parameter, you can use
Results > Derived Values > Maximum
For 3D model, choose Volume Maximum (over all domains)
When you evaluate the derived value, you will get table of values, one row for each value of the parameter. (I am assuming you have done a study with one parameter as in
Study Extensions > Auxiliary sweep > (your parameter) )

-DW
Hello, To find maximum of dependent variable in model for each value of a parameter, you can use Results > Derived Values > Maximum For 3D model, choose Volume Maximum (over all domains) When you evaluate the derived value, you will get table of values, one row for each value of the parameter. (I am assuming you have done a study with one parameter as in Study Extensions > Auxiliary sweep > (your parameter) ) -DW

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.