Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling back and forth between physics nodes

Hampus Mårtensson Jönsson

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey

I'm creating a model where I want to couple back and forth between light diffusion (stationary Helmholtz equation) and bioheat transfer (time dependent). This to implement dynamic temperature changes in the optical parameters used for solving the Helmholtz equation.

One approach I have tried is to manually create two studies, and this works for the coupling of the two physics nodes, but it would be very time consuming to manually do this for every time step for longer study times. Instead I have tried to generate a parametric sweep, where ideally, for each step in the loop, I want to keep the last values of the previous solution as initial values for the next step, but I can't get it to work. I have looked at the panel, "Initial values of variables solved for", but I can't couple the same study step with itself (time dependent for example).

Is it possible to use a parametric sweep in my case, or is there another approach to use when coupling back and forth between physics nodes with two different types of studies (stationary and time dependent)?

Any suggestions and ideas are most wellcome
Thanks in advance
With kind regards
Hampus

0 Replies Last Post Dec 8, 2016, 7:42 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hampus Mårtensson Jönsson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.