Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exponentially increasing concentration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using the multiphysics function in comsol to model transport of diluted species coupled with laminar flow. I tried a simple case in 3D and it worked fine, but when adding in duplicate pieces of geometry from the simple case to build more complicated shapes, the model outputs odd results. The concentration exponentially jumps to values around 10^30 mol/m^3. I am at a loss as to why this is happening, the ONLY difference is the extra pieces of geometry and yet this gives ridiculous results.

Is this something anyone else has encountered? If so, can you shed some light as to what is going on please?

David

1 Reply Last Post Sep 19, 2017, 7:10 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Sep 19, 2017, 7:10 a.m. EDT

Dear David,

it is hard to say without further details. Are you able to post a minimum viable model? Keep in mind not everyone uses the latest version.

Best, Tobias

Dear David, it is hard to say without further details. Are you able to post a minimum viable model? Keep in mind not everyone uses the latest version. Best, Tobias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.