Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to couple two components comp1 and comp2 with the time-dependent coupling in COMSOL ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to couple two components comp1 and comp2 in logiciel Comsol. The purpose is to use the final time-step Temperature T1 of comp1 as the initial value T0 of comp2. What I did, I assigned T0 = comp1.genext1(comp1.T1) for the target domain. Is there anyone encountered the similar problem. I found some cases in the model library of logiciel COMSOL. However, they all solve stationary issues. How to deal with the time-dependent coupling?

2 Replies Last Post Dec 15, 2017, 5:33 p.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Dec 15, 2017, 9:52 a.m. EST

Hello Halima,

Perhaps you do not need to use two components and could use two study steps instead. Can you describe what you are trying to simulate, and why you think two components are needed?

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Halima, Perhaps you do not need to use two components and could use two study steps instead. Can you describe what you are trying to simulate, and why you think two components are needed? Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago Dec 15, 2017, 5:33 p.m. EST

Hello Jeff,

I simulate solar water heater comp1 is collecter comp2 is a tank. I need to Temperature T1 output of comp1 as the input value of comp2 and Temperature output of comp2 is Temperature of input of copm1 as a closed circuit. If i need to use two study steps. "How do I do that?

Hello Jeff, I simulate solar water heater comp1 is collecter comp2 is a tank. I need to Temperature T1 output of comp1 as the input value of comp2 and Temperature output of comp2 is Temperature of input of copm1 as a closed circuit. If i need to use two study steps. "How do I do that?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.