Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ressidual thermal stress in circular 98nm thickness membrane 3 D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear users

model 1x1mm and 98nm thick polysilicon membrane and 1 mm radius 98nm thick polysilicon circular membrane. And I am trying to check the eigenfrequency differnecies without thermal stress and with thermal stress which varies from 600 C to 20 C (room) temperature + I am evaluating total displacement of membrane with thermal load.

Boundary conditions - fixed all ends of membrane just the top and bottom surfaces are free. Solver solid stress strain.

Does anybody know how the total displacement of membranes should look like in general- since my circular membrane have two asymmetric boubles on up one down and square membrane total displacement looks that the biggest values are in the ends and no deflection in the middle.

+ when evaluating eigenrfrequency differences without and with thermal stress - practical solver gives no difference in eigenvalues- but the theory says different.

Maybe somebody knows where are the problems

Sincerely

0 Replies Last Post Mar 31, 2011, 6:37 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Karolis Malinauskas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.