Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

CFD-Two phase flow, Level set

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody

I'm new user for COMSOL (4.1), I would like to model two phase flow, level set. I do not how to handel this problem. If any body has an example similar to this please send it to me to practice.

Thanks,

3 Replies Last Post Apr 25, 2011, 3:31 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 25, 2011, 3:31 a.m. EDT
Hi

have you checked the model library ? (and have you updated it via the specific command in V4 ?
there were I believe also some examples in 3.5, but if you are new to COMSOL and to v4, then it will be I believe confusing to read too much about the old version, as the new approach is different (better in my view, once understood)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked the model library ? (and have you updated it via the specific command in V4 ? there were I believe also some examples in 3.5, but if you are new to COMSOL and to v4, then it will be I believe confusing to read too much about the old version, as the new approach is different (better in my view, once understood) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 25, 2011, 2:15 p.m. EDT
Thank you Mr. Ivar for your time,

I went through the model library and the documentations regarding the level set, but to build a model is not so easy. That is why I'm asking for examples (ready modles) to learn from it.

Thanks.
Thank you Mr. Ivar for your time, I went through the model library and the documentations regarding the level set, but to build a model is not so easy. That is why I'm asking for examples (ready modles) to learn from it. Thanks.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 25, 2011, 3:31 p.m. EDT
Hi
unfortunately I have had no time to test out the level set, it's not really within my field of models I'm asked to run (yet) so I cannot help more, but there are other out there ;)
You could also try to look over the conference papers, or some of the books (see the list in the main site, search for "books")

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi unfortunately I have had no time to test out the level set, it's not really within my field of models I'm asked to run (yet) so I cannot help more, but there are other out there ;) You could also try to look over the conference papers, or some of the books (see the list in the main site, search for "books") -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.