Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling of steel casting

Seyed Mohamad Seyedali

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi everyone
I was wondering if you would mind helping me to run the simulation for steel casting,
now i face a problem and thats this error
-feature: stationary solver1(sol1/s1)
-error: failed to evaluate expressio.
please let me know what can I do.

2 Replies Last Post Apr 25, 2011, 9:57 a.m. EDT
Seyed Mohamad Seyedali

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 25, 2011, 8:21 a.m. EDT
Also I could find this in the error part:

Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: mat.mu
- Geometry: 1
- Domain: 1
- Variable: mod1.spf.mu
- Defined as: mat.mu
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: nojac((0.5/((((36*(mod1.spf.mu^2))*emetric2)+((mod1.spf.rho^2)*emetric(mod1.u,mod1.v)))^0.5)))
- Variable: mod1.spf.tau_m
- Defined as: nojac((0.5/((((36*(mod1.spf.mu^2))*emetric2)+((mod1.spf.rho^2)*emetric(mod1.u,mod1.v)))^0.5)))
- Expression: nojac(((min((sqrt((((((0.5*mod1.spf.res_p)/(mod1.spf.rho*sqrt((emetric(1,0)+emetric(0,1)))))^2)+((mod1.spf.tau_m*mod1.spf.res_u)^2))+((mod1.spf.tau_m*mod1.spf.res_v)^2)))*mod1.spf.ck),sqrt((((mod1.u^2)+(mod1.v^2))+eps)))*0.5)*min((mod1.spf.gijij^(-0.25)),((sqrt((((mod1.u^2)+(mod1.v^2))+eps))*mod1.spf.rho)/(12*mod1.spf.mu)))))
Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable.
- Variable: mod1.spf.crosswindns@VDN${test@1}
- Defined as: ((nojac(((min((sqrt((((((0.5*mod1.spf.res_p)/(mod1.spf.rho*sqrt((emetric(1,0)+emetric(0,1)))))^2)+((mod1.spf.tau_m*mod1.spf.res_u)^2))+((mod1.spf.tau_m*mod1.spf.res_v)^2)))*mod1.spf.ck),sqrt((((mod1.u^2)+(mod1.v^2))+eps)))*0.5)*min((mod1.spf.gijij^(-0.25)),((sqrt((((mod1.u^2)+(mod1.v^2))+eps))*mod1.spf.rho)/(12*mod1.spf.mu)))))*mod1.spf.rho)*(((-mod1.spf.gijxx)*(mod1.px*mod1.spf.betaT))-(mod1.spf.gijxy*(mod1.spf.betaT*mod1.py))))
- Expression: d((mod1.spf.crosswindns)*(dvol),{test@1})
Also I could find this in the error part: Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: mat.mu - Geometry: 1 - Domain: 1 Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: mod1.spf.mu - Defined as: mat.mu Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: nojac((0.5/((((36*(mod1.spf.mu^2))*emetric2)+((mod1.spf.rho^2)*emetric(mod1.u,mod1.v)))^0.5))) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: mod1.spf.tau_m - Defined as: nojac((0.5/((((36*(mod1.spf.mu^2))*emetric2)+((mod1.spf.rho^2)*emetric(mod1.u,mod1.v)))^0.5))) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: nojac(((min((sqrt((((((0.5*mod1.spf.res_p)/(mod1.spf.rho*sqrt((emetric(1,0)+emetric(0,1)))))^2)+((mod1.spf.tau_m*mod1.spf.res_u)^2))+((mod1.spf.tau_m*mod1.spf.res_v)^2)))*mod1.spf.ck),sqrt((((mod1.u^2)+(mod1.v^2))+eps)))*0.5)*min((mod1.spf.gijij^(-0.25)),((sqrt((((mod1.u^2)+(mod1.v^2))+eps))*mod1.spf.rho)/(12*mod1.spf.mu))))) Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable. - Variable: mod1.spf.crosswindns@VDN${test@1} - Defined as: ((nojac(((min((sqrt((((((0.5*mod1.spf.res_p)/(mod1.spf.rho*sqrt((emetric(1,0)+emetric(0,1)))))^2)+((mod1.spf.tau_m*mod1.spf.res_u)^2))+((mod1.spf.tau_m*mod1.spf.res_v)^2)))*mod1.spf.ck),sqrt((((mod1.u^2)+(mod1.v^2))+eps)))*0.5)*min((mod1.spf.gijij^(-0.25)),((sqrt((((mod1.u^2)+(mod1.v^2))+eps))*mod1.spf.rho)/(12*mod1.spf.mu)))))*mod1.spf.rho)*(((-mod1.spf.gijxx)*(mod1.px*mod1.spf.betaT))-(mod1.spf.gijxy*(mod1.spf.betaT*mod1.py)))) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: d((mod1.spf.crosswindns)*(dvol),{test@1})

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 25, 2011, 9:57 a.m. EDT
Hi

it says you have not defined the "mu" in your material,, always check the material properties to see if all required data are there "red STOP" flags should be filled in and cleared BEFORE you solve, else you get these kind of messages ;)

Note that if you change the material properties, you might ask for new material properties, therefore always recheck the material nodes before solving and after having changed your BC in the model

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it says you have not defined the "mu" in your material,, always check the material properties to see if all required data are there "red STOP" flags should be filled in and cleared BEFORE you solve, else you get these kind of messages ;) Note that if you change the material properties, you might ask for new material properties, therefore always recheck the material nodes before solving and after having changed your BC in the model -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.