Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Residence time distribution using COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

There is a microchannel. I want to apply an impulse input at the inlet in the form of a dye. How can I study the residence time distribution of the dye. Kindly provide some tutorial of steps to guide me. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Last Post Apr 24, 2018, 6:39 a.m. EDT

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 3, 2018, 6:03 a.m. EDT

Hi

Solve first laminar flow at steady-state and use that solution in the convective diffusion calculation in time-dependent mode.

BR Lasse

Hi Solve first laminar flow at steady-state and use that solution in the convective diffusion calculation in time-dependent mode. BR Lasse

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 5, 2018, 12:07 a.m. EDT

Thank you Sir for your reply. I will try doing that.

Thank you Sir for your reply. I will try doing that.

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 24, 2018, 6:39 a.m. EDT

Sir,

Since I am totally new in Comsol, can you briefly highlight on applying impulse input and step input of any dye. Also on how to get a F-theta curve for the same.

That would be really helpful. Thank you.

Sir, Since I am totally new in Comsol, can you briefly highlight on applying impulse input and step input of any dye. Also on how to get a F-theta curve for the same. That would be really helpful. Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.