Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set the integration variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I build a model in electrostatics, AC/DC model. I define a angle named 'thita' in global definition which equals to atan(r/z) of the geometry. Now i have simulated the potential of geometry, and i want to calculate the dipole moment by using line integration. the expression of integration part includes the extention of potential I modelled and angle I defined. the expression is like Vsin(thita). My problem is, when I choose the line of what I want to integrate, what is the integration variable of the function(...dx, what x is). The equation I want to calculate is ∫Vsin(thita) d(thita). How can I set the thita as the integration variable

0 Replies Last Post Jul 16, 2018, 11:22 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yan Yang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.