Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how can i set over hundreds different boundary conditions automaticly?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi, i have a geometry consists of over hundreds rectangular and each has different boundary condition value on one side, can not figure out how to set it in comsol ?

Any one knows?

2 Replies Last Post Dec 1, 2009, 4:50 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 25, 2009, 3:22 p.m. EST
Matlab again will probably be the only efficient way. You'll see from Comsol m-files that the boundary conditions and subdomain properties are formatted in matrix form (using brackets). Thus, you should be able to define a matrix that contains all of the boundary conditions (i.e. a vector containing the force applied at each boundary), then use that matrix when writing the m-file. I can't give you much more explanation than that as I don't know the nature of the B.C.s that you are setting.

Good luck,

Mike
Matlab again will probably be the only efficient way. You'll see from Comsol m-files that the boundary conditions and subdomain properties are formatted in matrix form (using brackets). Thus, you should be able to define a matrix that contains all of the boundary conditions (i.e. a vector containing the force applied at each boundary), then use that matrix when writing the m-file. I can't give you much more explanation than that as I don't know the nature of the B.C.s that you are setting. Good luck, Mike

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 1, 2009, 4:50 p.m. EST
yeah, thanks Mike, i would try to solve it in matlab
yeah, thanks Mike, i would try to solve it in matlab

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.