Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Excluding Interior of Domain in Induction Heating Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I recently came across the tutorial called "Iron Sphere in a 13.56 MHz Magnetic Field" (https://www.comsol.com/model/iron-sphere-in-a-13-56-mhz-magnetic-field-12835) and it was quite useful it as it uses similar techniques to what I need for a simple induction heating simulation, particularly in using the impedance boundary condition.

At the end of the "Model Definition" section, there is mention of a way to exclude the interior of the sphere being modeled such that the impedance boundary condition can be applied but retain the actual geometry such that it can be used within another physics (such as heat transfer).

Does anyone know how to properly execute something like this? I have looked and looked but cannot find how to do it.

Thank you!

Matt

0 Replies Last Post Nov 20, 2018, 9:11 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Matthew Roberts

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.