Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nonlinear solver did not converge.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I made a fully coupled model of two physics (Darcy's law and Heat transfer in porous media) for 2D horizontal geothermal heat exchanger (i.e., coupled heat and moisture transfer in soil under thermal gradient). Once I ran the model, error messages came up regarding convergence issues with time dependent solver (i.e. nonlinear solver did not converge). I studied many resources in COMSOL website and followed the tips that posted (e.g. change method to ease tolerance factor). I've also learned that coarse mesh may cause the convergence issue. I thus set extremely fine mesh, especially near the boundaries between domains. Even the model was running for overnight, I still got same error messeage. Does anyone know the solution to fix this issue? I am looking for a way that I can stay with my normal mesh and run the model without error.

0 Replies Last Post Mar 25, 2019, 5:29 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hyunjun Oh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.