Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary Condition Assignment For Periodic Structure In COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all.

I face a problem in COMSOL: boundary condition assignment for a periodic structure.

In the attached image, a surface acosutic wave (SAW) sensor is shown, wherein four pressure forces (N/m) are applied on the lateral sides of the substrate. Due to the size of the full model, a unit cell model is adopted instead, which is a periodic struture including two IDT electrodes. In the simulation, I know that two Periodic boundary conditions should be assigned to the front/back, and left/right sides, respectively. My question is: can I add the Pressure on the lateral sides as shown in the full model? If can't, is there any solution?

Thank you very much!

2 Replies Last Post Feb 27, 2020, 7:54 p.m. EST
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Feb 26, 2020, 11:32 a.m. EST

Look into doing an Eigenfrequency, Prestressed Analysis.

Posted: 4 years ago Feb 27, 2020, 7:54 p.m. EST

Hi, Dave. Yes, you are right. But I am not sure this is correct or not. On the lateral surfaces, not only the Periodic Condition will be given but also the Boundary Load.

>Look into doing an Eigenfrequency, Prestressed Analysis. Hi, Dave. Yes, you are right. But I am not sure this is correct or not. On the lateral surfaces, not only the Periodic Condition will be given but also the Boundary Load.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.