Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Running Cluster Sweep from the command line on several nodes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to use Cluster Sweep with setting After Sweep / Output to file. When I use the following command:

comsol batch -batch off -inputfile model.mph -batchlog model.log

it computes all six cases defined in Cluster Sweep but one by one. It starts with the first one and it computes it in distributed mode using 6 nodes. Then it start the second one etc. But I want to run case 1 on node 1 and case 2 on node 2 etc. in parallel. Like after checking Distribute parametric sweep in Cluster Computing. When I use this:

comsol batch -batch off -nn 6 -nnhost 1 -f nodes.txt -inputfile model.mph -batchlog model.log

it says Settings for Batch 1 are ignored in distributed mode in the log file and it saves only one result into the inputfile and it does not generate batchmodel__.mph files. I know I can use Cluster Computing + Parametric Sweep but I would prefer Cluster Sweep to have every computed case saved separately because the result files will be huge.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 7, 2020, 11:08 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michal Pohanka

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.