Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

k-epsilon turbulent flow error when angle of attack is changed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am currently working on a project where I use Comsols k-epsilon to calculate lift/drag coeft fisients on sertain bladeprofiles for an underwater turbine.

I have imported a geometry and gotten good results for angles of attack of 0,4,8 and 12 degreese, but when I try for 16,20,24 degreese and so on I recive errors when I try to Compute.

Errormessage is most often:
"Undefined value found.
- Detail: NaN or Inf found when solving linear system using PARDISO."

But sometimes when I try computing again (not changing anything, just pressing "compute" again) I get a diffrent error message.

I have attached a screenshot of the error message.
The only thing I have changed is a rotation of the bladeprofile.

What can I do to get reults for these angles of attack?

Kind regards
Magnus Booe

1 Reply Last Post Apr 26, 2012, 4:31 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 26, 2012, 4:31 p.m. EDT
same problem here, especially at large positional angles when analyzing blades of a turbine.
same problem here, especially at large positional angles when analyzing blades of a turbine.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.