Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Current flow due to surface charge density

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am trying to model the current flow due a surface charge density. For that i have a conductor material on top of a dielectric material. Then using electrostatic module a surface charge density is added to the bottom surface of the dielectric. This charge induces a potential on the conductor, which can be calculated using stationary solver. But I need to find the current flow if that conductor is connected to ground through a resistor. For that I have added electrostatic, electric current and electric circuit (for connecting resitor and ground) modules. Then the model was meshed and computed a time dependent study, however, I couldont get any output, different errors pop up each time. What is the correct way to do this, any help is appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post Jan 25, 2021, 7:13 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Harris Varghese

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.