Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Writing time and space related initial/boundary condition in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am modeling one-dimensional diffusion (in z-direction) of a substance from a film (block geometry with dimensions 0.035*0.035*0.0003). My initial and boundary conditions are

c = c0, t= 0, -h/2<z<h/2
c = 0, t>0, z= ±h/2

where,
c= conc. of the substance
c0= initial conc. of the substance
h = film thickness

I attempted to define these conditions using Boolean expression for the concentration, c, and c0=10 mol/m^3 in COMSOL as follows:

(10)*(t<0)*(-0.00015<z<0.00015) + (0)*(0<t<14400)*(z=-0.00015)*(z=0.00015) [mol/m^3]

The Boolean expression worked for the time variable alone but gave an error message when I included the space co-ordinate z.

How do I write these conditions in COMSOL?

Thank you.
Minal

0 Replies Last Post May 30, 2012, 4:07 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Minal Lalpuria

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.