Defining an elastoplastic material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. New user here.

When I attempt to define an elastoplastic material using a hardening function - a stepwise thing based on tensile tests of an existing alloy - I guess I should make it based on the plastic deformation parameter "epe".

However - when I define (Solid Mechanics -> Linear Elastic Material->) Plasticity and set the Isotropic hardening model to "Hardening function" I get solver complaints that "epe is undefined".

When I do searches on this issue I mostly just get endless technobabble about Tresca vs Mises and various failure criterions - nothing that applies to this particular problem - and examples from like COMSOL 5.5 where the Settings look nothing like now. There they just throw in epe in the equations and Bob's your uncle.

So what am I doing wrong here?

0 Replies Last Post Jan 23, 2024, 8:35 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michail Stockfelt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.