charge conservation not recognizing epsilonr_iso as epsilonr

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am getting an error from my study with the electrostatics module that is "Undefined material property 'epsilonr' required by Charge Conservation 1." In my materials, I have added a Relative Permittivity property but that autopopulated the variable name as epsilonr_iso because the permittivity is isotropic. I cannot find a way to change or add an alias name of the property, or get the charge conservation to recognize epsilonr_iso as the permittivity (I've already selected Relative permittivity: From material). How can I address this issue? Thank you

1 Reply Last Post Mar 7, 2024, 1:28 p.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 months ago Mar 7, 2024, 1:28 p.m. EST
Updated: 2 months ago Mar 7, 2024, 1:27 p.m. EST

Hi Lulu,

It looks like the issue is that you have not assigned any material properties to domain 3. Perhaps you meant to assign it the Ta material?

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Lulu, It looks like the issue is that you have not assigned any material properties to domain 3. Perhaps you meant to assign it the Ta material? Best, Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.