Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3 phase exitation [SOLVED]

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

Using the AC/DC module I am trying to make an 2D model of an linear induction motor. I am looking to perform a frequency domain analysis of the system. At the moment however I can not seem to get my phasors defined correctly so that they are agree with the frequencies set in the solver.

I take it one would define the phasors as:

real(I_max * exp(i* (freq + phase_offset)))

If anyone can send me on the right track I would be much obliged.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 25, 2016, 1:23 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 25, 2016, 1:23 p.m. EST
Found a sollution to the problem. Will quickly cover it in case anyone else faces similar issues.

real(I_max * exp(i* (freq + phase_offset))) = real(I_max * exp(i*freq) * exp(i*phase_offset))

As one can see we can split the definition of our phasor into two exponentials. The frequency domain analysis of comsol allways performs a scaling of the first frequency dependant exponential (exp(i*freq)). If you want to add an phase offset to a certain frequency dependent variable in comsol one simply has to multiply by: exp(i*phase_offset), Here the "phase_offset" is ofcourse in radians.
Found a sollution to the problem. Will quickly cover it in case anyone else faces similar issues. real(I_max * exp(i* (freq + phase_offset))) = real(I_max * exp(i*freq) * exp(i*phase_offset)) As one can see we can split the definition of our phasor into two exponentials. The frequency domain analysis of comsol allways performs a scaling of the first frequency dependant exponential (exp(i*freq)). If you want to add an phase offset to a certain frequency dependent variable in comsol one simply has to multiply by: exp(i*phase_offset), Here the "phase_offset" is ofcourse in radians.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.