Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Failed to Export model" solidworks livelink error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Whenever I try to livelink with a solidworks assembly I get the error:

"Failed to export model from solidworks"

I am using Comsol 4.0a and solidworks 2009 SP3.0.

Any ideas what would be causing this problem?

Alex

6 Replies Last Post Feb 8, 2012, 12:20 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 22, 2010, 2:58 a.m. EDT
Hi

it could be an incompatibility with the versions, it's becoming increasingly difficult these days to keep all interrelated software tools at a coherent version level. With COMSOL I must balance matlab and SolidWorks versions, but matlab I must also balance with several other tools, and Solidworks with our CAM not to say with our clients versions too. It's becomning a nightmare !!

What if we cooled down the fight for the absolute latest feature ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it could be an incompatibility with the versions, it's becoming increasingly difficult these days to keep all interrelated software tools at a coherent version level. With COMSOL I must balance matlab and SolidWorks versions, but matlab I must also balance with several other tools, and Solidworks with our CAM not to say with our clients versions too. It's becomning a nightmare !! What if we cooled down the fight for the absolute latest feature ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 5, 2010, 5:42 a.m. EST
where can I find the compatiblity chart, i.e
version 3.5 works with SW 2009?!
version 4.0 works with SW 2010?!

or something of the sort?
where can I find the compatiblity chart, i.e version 3.5 works with SW 2009?! version 4.0 works with SW 2010?! or something of the sort?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 5, 2010, 5:54 a.m. EST
Hi

good remark, worth to ask "support" I believe. There are quite some info in the knowledge base KB of COMSOL, try a search with "matlab" as keyword, but I do not know of a summary table of certified compatibility per version.

Have a check in the release notes too, but do not forget the patches and the respective release notes ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi good remark, worth to ask "support" I believe. There are quite some info in the knowledge base KB of COMSOL, try a search with "matlab" as keyword, but I do not know of a summary table of certified compatibility per version. Have a check in the release notes too, but do not forget the patches and the respective release notes ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 5, 2011, 11:37 a.m. EDT
Any update on this?
I am interested in the same compatibility information for the Solid Works LiveLink..
Any update on this? I am interested in the same compatibility information for the Solid Works LiveLink..

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2011, 7:21 a.m. EDT
Hi Christian,

For COMSOL 4.2 you'll find this information here (for windows):

www.comsol.com/products/requirements/windows/

Best regards
Vincent
Hi Christian, For COMSOL 4.2 you'll find this information here (for windows): http://www.comsol.com/products/requirements/windows/ Best regards Vincent

Nor Muzakkir Nor Ayob

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 8, 2012, 12:20 a.m. EST
thanks.

"LiveLink for SolidWorks® is compatible with SolidWorks 2010, 2011, and 2012 (requires COMSOL 4.2a Update 1)."

now i know why it doesnt work with my SolidWorks 2009.
thanks. "LiveLink for SolidWorks® is compatible with SolidWorks 2010, 2011, and 2012 (requires COMSOL 4.2a Update 1)." now i know why it doesnt work with my SolidWorks 2009.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.