Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Documentation for setting up model in 4a version

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am a new COMSOL user and had been using 3.5a version until now (structural mechanics module). Just as I got used to the 3.5a version I was told that I can work better with version 4a. I have been trying to transfer my work in version 3.5a to version 4 but it has not been easy to understand how the model is set up in version 4. Apart from example models is there detailed documentation available some place on how to set up a model in v 4?

Thanks,
SA

1 Reply Last Post Nov 16, 2010, 3:37 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 16, 2010, 3:37 p.m. EST
Hi

You will be even better servec in the newer 4.1 though. I agree its not trivial to go from 3.5 to 4, and some of the translated file become extensively complex.
The best I can propose is to start from scratch in V4 and start simple with i.e. the tutorial case. After a few days I'm sure you will be able to catch the logic, even of your more complex 3.5 models when loaded into V4

And after a week's time I bet, you will certanly no longer want to go back to 3.5, as most of us feel ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi You will be even better servec in the newer 4.1 though. I agree its not trivial to go from 3.5 to 4, and some of the translated file become extensively complex. The best I can propose is to start from scratch in V4 and start simple with i.e. the tutorial case. After a few days I'm sure you will be able to catch the logic, even of your more complex 3.5 models when loaded into V4 And after a week's time I bet, you will certanly no longer want to go back to 3.5, as most of us feel ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.