Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic-structure interaction (acsl) with preload

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm having some trouble calculating the (plane wave) sound transmission through a preloaded metal disc.
Without preloading, this can simply be solved by using "Acoustic-structure interaction" physics.
However, I don't manage to calculate the static solution resulting from a face load on my disc. If I add a face load in acsl and use the static solver the deflection of the structure is simply zero, so it makes no sense to use it as "linearization point" in the time harmonic solver.

Does the static solver work with acsl at all?

If I do a similar thing (simply the metal disc) using only "solid mechanics", everything works fine:
I calculate the static solution (having checked "Include geometric nonlinearity" in the linear elastic model), store it and then use it, for example, in the Eigenfrequency solver. And, as one shall expect, pretension increses the resonance frequencies.

I already tried to do the static case with solid mechanics physics, store the solution and use it as an input to acsl, but is has no effect at all.

As this seems to be a rather common type of problem (at least for an acoustitian) I wonder if anybody knows a solution ...

0 Replies Last Post Jan 19, 2011, 8:35 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Roland Kruse

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.