Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

about interpolation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I try to interpolate a file to my COMSOL program, but it fails.

my question 1): In the enclosed file (name: try4-richards), i want to interpolate the data from a file (file name : rain data) to the boundary condition (RICHARDS' EQUATION--> INFLOW BPOUNDARY, line 3 ), i try to input "int1" or "f(t)" in the U0, but both are failed. So how to used this function?

question 2) In the" try 4" file, i want to apply real raining data. The velocity is not a function of time, but is a table. I calculated the precipitation of each month. So in the RAIN DATA file, in the first month (2678400s, 31days), the average velocity is 1.02E.8m/s. In the second month, from 32ed day to 61day, (5097600s), the average velocity is 8.19E-09 m/s, and so on. In the INTERPOLATION 1 (COMSOL), it can show the table. this file is "notepad" (but can not upload here) . I am wondering if the form meets COMSOL's requirement?

Does anybody has experience? Please give me a hand. Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Feb 2, 2011, 9:40 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 2, 2011, 9:40 a.m. EST
Hi

there are several threads on the forum about laoding txt files and generating interpolated plots, and a few in te doc or model library if I remeber right.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are several threads on the forum about laoding txt files and generating interpolated plots, and a few in te doc or model library if I remeber right. -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.