Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to see symmetric mode & antisymmetric mode of lamb wave in comsol v 4??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am simulating a plate & exciting through sinusoidal displacement load & domain is eigen frequency.Pls suggest how to check symmetric mode & anti symmetric mode in comsol .

1 Reply Last Post Jan 10, 2012, 6:38 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Deepak

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 10, 2012, 6:38 a.m. EST

Hi
I am simulating a plate & exciting through sinusoidal displacement load & domain is eigen frequency.Pls suggest how to check symmetric mode & anti symmetric mode in comsol .

Hi Deepak,

Have you found a solution for this.
I would like to add another question.
If a source is excited outside the metal will the waves automatically convert to lamb waves while
travelling inside the material.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort.

Regards
Glenston
[QUOTE] Hi I am simulating a plate & exciting through sinusoidal displacement load & domain is eigen frequency.Pls suggest how to check symmetric mode & anti symmetric mode in comsol . [/QUOTE] Hi Deepak, Have you found a solution for this. I would like to add another question. If a source is excited outside the metal will the waves automatically convert to lamb waves while travelling inside the material. Thanks a lot for your time and effort. Regards Glenston

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.