Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

nodes and mesh infos...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi to everybody,
I need to export data from a comsol mesh, in particular, i'd like to have for edge nodes only, (not volumes) the nodes coordinates, and the faces to which the nodes belongs. Example: imagine i have a cube. using square elements of the mesh, with 4 small squares for each cube faces I get 4*6=24 elements (i am not interested in internal nodes).

Now i like to have the coordinates of the vertex of this 24 elements and the index (1 to 6) referring to the cube edge they belongs.
like:
node x y z belongs to face
1 0 0 1 1
1 0 1 1 1
etc...
how can i get this?

Any helps is appreciated ! :)

0 Replies Last Post Apr 8, 2011, 8:33 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pierluigi Veltri

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.