Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Material Browser

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

i am using COMSOL 4.0a, Conjugate Heat Transfer Module. I need to add two materials to my model parts and they are: Carbon and Silica-Alumina, which both I couldn't find in the Material Browser!

Does anybody know how can I add Carbon or another one to my materials?

I would be thankful if anybody could help.

Best,
Semiramis

3 Replies Last Post Apr 19, 2011, 8:36 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 15, 2011, 8:58 a.m. EDT
Hi

you can always add a dummy material (right click Materials node, + add Material) and define the values yourself. Even add them to your "private " material library, see the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can always add a dummy material (right click Materials node, + add Material) and define the values yourself. Even add them to your "private " material library, see the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 19, 2011, 7:15 a.m. EDT
Dear Ivar,

Thanks a lot!
I changed my comsol version to 4.1. and it seems that it has got more complete Material library !
I found carbon fiber/carbon material (in ceramic matrix composites) and selected this material instead of normal carbon.

Again thank you for your kind help.

Best regards,
Semiramis
Dear Ivar, Thanks a lot! I changed my comsol version to 4.1. and it seems that it has got more complete Material library ! I found carbon fiber/carbon material (in ceramic matrix composites) and selected this material instead of normal carbon. Again thank you for your kind help. Best regards, Semiramis

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 19, 2011, 8:36 a.m. EDT
Hi

do not forget then to patch to latest update, see the main COMSOL site (I'm currently in 4.1.0.185) and do an update Model Library to get the latest there too

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi do not forget then to patch to latest update, see the main COMSOL site (I'm currently in 4.1.0.185) and do an update Model Library to get the latest there too -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.