Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Congruent meshes at interfacial boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi folk,
I am simulating a not-perfect osseo-integrated implant problem. Since it is of interest evaluating contact pressure distribution at implant interface, I introduced contact pairs, accordingly. I am performing several tests trying to reach the most realistic numerical result (in terms of pressure map distribution).
It seems (as expected) that when master and slave meshes are the same, the contact algorithm gives more accurate results (the run-time is also less). So, the question is: is there a way to create, in automatic way, congruent meshes, between interfacial boundaries?
I tried by using the "copy mesh" tool but this procedure becomes very tedious when many boundary pairs have to be selected!

Many thanks

Pasquale

P.S.: I am still using comsol 3.5a for this application!

0 Replies Last Post May 23, 2011, 1:01 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pasquale Franciosa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.