Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Small signal analysis of an inductor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Does anyone has a working version of the tutorial
- Small signal analysis of an inductor
for Comsol 4.0 or higher ?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post May 27, 2011, 7:41 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago May 26, 2011, 9:45 a.m. EDT
I attached here a trial for a "Small-Signal Analysis of an Inductor" with Comsol 4.1.
I followed the tutorial for 3.5 but I only calculate the inductance for one value of the bias current.

-The bias point is obtained from a stationary solution.
-Then a time-harmonic simulation of the linearized model is superimposed on the stationary solution.

The inductance should be between 0.2 and 0.22 but I obtained 0.0093.

Any idea ?
I attached here a trial for a "Small-Signal Analysis of an Inductor" with Comsol 4.1. I followed the tutorial for 3.5 but I only calculate the inductance for one value of the bias current. -The bias point is obtained from a stationary solution. -Then a time-harmonic simulation of the linearized model is superimposed on the stationary solution. The inductance should be between 0.2 and 0.22 but I obtained 0.0093. Any idea ?

Posted: 1 decade ago May 27, 2011, 7:41 a.m. EDT
I attached here a improved version for a "Small-Signal Analysis of an Inductor" with Comsol 4.1.

-The bias point is obtained from a stationary solution.
-Then a time-harmonic simulation of the linearized model is superimposed on the stationary solution.

I think that the initial conditions for the linearized time-harmonic simulation are correctly set up but for a subtle reason the inductance calculation is incorrect.

Can anyone have a look ?

--
L. Queval
I attached here a improved version for a "Small-Signal Analysis of an Inductor" with Comsol 4.1. -The bias point is obtained from a stationary solution. -Then a time-harmonic simulation of the linearized model is superimposed on the stationary solution. I think that the initial conditions for the linearized time-harmonic simulation are correctly set up but for a subtle reason the inductance calculation is incorrect. Can anyone have a look ? -- L. Queval

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.