Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Locked This discussion was locked by a forum moderator.

Element type (Interpolation) in COMSOL 4.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello World.

How can I change the interpolation type of my element in Version 4.1 of COMSOL.
I would like to switch between linear, quatratic and cubic interpolation schemes in the elements but have not found the switch yet.

Thanks!
Sebastian

2 Replies Last Post May 27, 2011, 8:38 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago May 27, 2011, 8:24 a.m. EDT
First, make sure you have "Show More Options" on in the View Menu. Then look for the Discretization tab (see attached file).
First, make sure you have "Show More Options" on in the View Menu. Then look for the Discretization tab (see attached file).

Posted: 1 decade ago May 27, 2011, 8:38 a.m. EDT

Great! Thank you!
[QUOTE] First, make sure you have "Show More Options" on in the View Menu. Then look for the Discretization tab (see attached file). [/QUOTE] Great! Thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.