Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Constraint B.Cs with derivatives with respect to time and space in Fluid-Structure interaction

Masoud Ghorbani Moghaddam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am going to model the Acoustic-Solid interaction in PDE module. For the fluid to solid boundary, I am going to apply the Euler relation:
utt+(1/rho)*px=0

for x-direction and similar equations for other directions. The only way, I found to implement it was using the Constraint B.C: R=0 but I do not know if it supports this B.C by the way it has defined in Comsol.
Previously, in another post "Derivative Boundary Condition " a moderator had told it is possible but it needs to consider some changes like changing the setting to "Unidirectional" and "Week Form".

I am just wondering if first of all I can apply this conditon as the Constraint B.C and if I can what settings are appropriate for my conditions and why.

Best Regards,
Masoud

0 Replies Last Post Sep 13, 2011, 11:21 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Masoud Ghorbani Moghaddam

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.