Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Model SAW gas sensor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have tried the model presenting the simulation of the SAW gas sensor.
Something is not clear when I have to define:

"Ground 1
1 In the Model Builder window, right-click Piezoelectric Devices and choose the boundary condition Electrical>Ground.
2 Select Boundaries 6–9 and 12 only."

The boundaries 6 to 9 represent one electrode and 12 is just the bottom of one electrode.
If I look at the saw_gas_sensor.mph, I find the same definition.

Why?

Sincerely yours,

Fred

1 Reply Last Post Mar 30, 2012, 9:21 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Frederic Sarry

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2012, 9:21 a.m. EDT
I also have the same doubt about this model; it would be really useful if someone could please explain the reason behind this.

Cheers,

Jorge.
I also have the same doubt about this model; it would be really useful if someone could please explain the reason behind this. Cheers, Jorge.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.