Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling help

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am a beginner to COMSOL and using v3.5. I would like to model two phase flow in a mini capillary, for which I would like to first simulate a liquid droplet (say water) spreading to reach equilibrium contact angle over a solid surface.

As I am at very early stages of my learning, I request to guide me to model such flow cases.

Thanks for your time

Yours sincerely
S.Vyas

1 Reply Last Post Dec 13, 2011, 6:08 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 13, 2011, 6:08 a.m. EST
Hi, I'm also a new leaner for COMSOL. I dont know how to do your modeling. But I used to run a simulation about ink droplet in FLUENT, in that case, the inlet boundary was defined as velocity as a function by time, so water can form a droplet in the air channel, I think in COMSOL, you also need to define the inlet of water phase by yourself to form a droplet. But about the contact angle part, I don't know how to set the boundary condition, sorry.
Hi, I'm also a new leaner for COMSOL. I dont know how to do your modeling. But I used to run a simulation about ink droplet in FLUENT, in that case, the inlet boundary was defined as velocity as a function by time, so water can form a droplet in the air channel, I think in COMSOL, you also need to define the inlet of water phase by yourself to form a droplet. But about the contact angle part, I don't know how to set the boundary condition, sorry.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.