Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

HELP Comsol Electrowetting

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I need some help. I am studying the model of a liquid microlens. Like an EWOD, applying a voltage to the wall my droplet will change the shape, through the contact angle with the wall. My liquid lens is a saline solution, surrounded with a density match oil, my wall is Si covered by 300 micrometers of SiO2. The concern is about the contact angle. My model is not the classic droplet on the wall, but i have a conical hole in the Silicon wall where i put my liquid lens, so the contact angle is within the interface water/oil and a wall with an angle of 54.7 degree respect the horizontal plane.
I use Laminar Two phase flow, moving mesh and i don't know what kind of angle i have to declare in the wall-fluid interface. It could be my angle or 3.14-my angle.

The interface moves less than what I expect. there is a way to plot the interface respect the intial condition?
I try to explain better:
-I want to sudy how my interface fluid-fluid changes with the applied volt. The angle changes with an applied volt, but how can I see it? I have only the plot of the velocity magnitude.
-It seems that my angle does not change from the plot of the velocity. the geometry is the same of the beginning. In reality my initial angle is 96 degree and my final angle with 30 V is 38 degree.. I tried to study how it varies the height of the domain of the water (it should decrease with the applied volt) but nothing..
-It is possible to work in degrees and not in rad?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Dec 13, 2011, 5:19 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Luca Oronzo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.