Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2 D AXI-SYMMETRY CAD IMPORT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I imported a 2D axi-symmetry CAD model, no problem. Can you refer me to a knowledge based worked example I can follow to set up my problem. As it is when I click the whole geometry is high-lighted. I am looking at a forced air cooled problem with heat generation, in a cylindrical geometry.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 28, 2012, 3:32 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 28, 2012, 3:32 a.m. EST
Hi
if you get only one domain it's because your dxf imported file is either only 1 polyline, or what often happens badly connected.

DXF geometry can rather easily be dismounted and recombined in COMSOL, take a look at the doc about geoemtry.

Then to learn better follow some of the numerous recorded videos on the main web site, and follow the model librry examples, the PDF documents describe step by step how (and why) to build your model, then at the end you can load the prepared model and compare ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you get only one domain it's because your dxf imported file is either only 1 polyline, or what often happens badly connected. DXF geometry can rather easily be dismounted and recombined in COMSOL, take a look at the doc about geoemtry. Then to learn better follow some of the numerous recorded videos on the main web site, and follow the model librry examples, the PDF documents describe step by step how (and why) to build your model, then at the end you can load the prepared model and compare ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.