Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

two phase level set mehod, droplet coalescence

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir,
I am solving droplet coalescence using tho phase level set method. for 2-D rectangular domain is selected,and the wall on which droplet is kept i gave 80 degree contact angle and the distance between the droplet of radius 1.5mm is 3.5 mm center to center, while other 3 walls i selected no slip condition, and on the top of the droplets i took pressure constraints as 101325 pa. while solving the simulation, when the composite droplet formed due to coalescence is about come in equilibrium condition, the whole composite droplet shift towards right and then come to left. plz suggest me, why this is happening.

Thanks
Rehan

2 Replies Last Post Feb 8, 2012, 3:38 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 8, 2012, 3:36 a.m. EST
hello friends
i want to provide more information about that problem.
i took fine mesh under physics controlled meshing, re-initialization factor is taken as 0.8 and interface thickness is tpf.hmax/2. rectangular 2-D domain one wall is taken as wetted wall contact angle is 80 degree. drops are placed 3.5 mm apart centre to centre distance. rectangle dimension is 12 by 4.5 mm. drops radii is 1.5 mm.
conservative model is used.
composite drop after coalescence translate when it is about to come in equilibrium.
please help me....
hello friends i want to provide more information about that problem. i took fine mesh under physics controlled meshing, re-initialization factor is taken as 0.8 and interface thickness is tpf.hmax/2. rectangular 2-D domain one wall is taken as wetted wall contact angle is 80 degree. drops are placed 3.5 mm apart centre to centre distance. rectangle dimension is 12 by 4.5 mm. drops radii is 1.5 mm. conservative model is used. composite drop after coalescence translate when it is about to come in equilibrium. please help me....

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 8, 2012, 3:38 a.m. EST
composite drop moves in left direction when it is about to come in equilibrium.
PLease help..
composite drop moves in left direction when it is about to come in equilibrium. PLease help..

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.