Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modifying Physics Equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello ,

Basically, I am doing a simulation for a squeeze film damping in perforated srtucture based on Veijola Numerical Model (VNM). This model is based on extended reynold's equation that is the same as Reynolds equation except that a lekage term is added to count for the pressure drop through perforations
Reynlod's equation is implemented in thin film damping shell in COMSOL 4.2, but how shuld Imodify it to include this lekage term.

Should I start form the begining looking for the required mathematical equation. OR can I modify the existing Reynold's equation in Thin Film Damping?

Thanks a lot
Waiting for your reply

Regards,
Mohamed

3 Replies Last Post Feb 8, 2012, 8:11 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 8, 2012, 5:25 a.m. EST
Any reply
Help......................................
Any reply Help......................................

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 8, 2012, 5:34 a.m. EST

As far as I know all equations can be modified, but I don't have experience which this can be done.

Cheers
Edgar
As far as I know all equations can be modified, but I don't have experience which this can be done. Cheers Edgar

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 8, 2012, 8:11 a.m. EST
If the modifications are relatively small there is no need to start defining equations from scratch. You can use the closest physics and go to the “Equation View” node where you will see the variables and the weak expressions used. You can edit the equations there directly. If you don’t see equation view by default, click the “Show” icon and make sure that Equation View is highlighted.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
If the modifications are relatively small there is no need to start defining equations from scratch. You can use the closest physics and go to the “Equation View” node where you will see the variables and the weak expressions used. You can edit the equations there directly. If you don’t see equation view by default, click the “Show” icon and make sure that Equation View is highlighted. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.