Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Leave Edge Number constant/Get Edge Number?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I would appereciate some help of you on this:
I am using Comsol 3.5a with RFModule in combination with matlab. In the matlab-script I have a for-loop, in which the geometry stays the same except for one line i draw:

g19=curve3([dx-5e-10,dx+5e-10],[0,0],[dz,dz]);%

its position changes depending on dx,dz.

Now, my problem is: depending on where the line is located, its edge number changes. In the first run it is edge number 17, but in the next run of the for-loop it is not anymore! How can i prevent that or at least get the edge number comsol gives it?
Because
a)
Meshing is then applied to another line, not the one it is intended to:

fem.mesh=meshinit(fem, ...
'edge',[17], ... <-- here
'meshstart',fem.mesh);

b) also i give that line a current, but comsol then (after first loop run) gives it to the wrong line:

edg.I0 = {0,1};
edg.type = {'cont','I'};
edg.ind = [1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1, ...
1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1];

Your help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Regards,
Alex

0 Replies Last Post Feb 19, 2012, 8:07 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello alex

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.