Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

friction stir welding

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi

is there anybody who can help me with comsol multiphiscs tutorial 4.1 of friction stir welding?
I think the mesh part is not quite right?I recieve an error (mesh on source and destination do not match) wile trying to follow the insructions

Free Quad 1
1 In the Model Builder window, right-click Model 1>Mesh 1 and choose Free Quad.
2 Select Boundaries 4, 9, and 26 only
Size
1 In the Model Builder window, click Size.
2 Go to the Settings window for Size.
3 Locate the Element Size section. From the Predefined list, select Extremely fine.
4 Click the Build All button.
Free Triangular 1
1 In the Model Builder window, right-click Mesh 1 and choose Free Triangular.
2 Select Boundaries 14 and 18 only.
Size 1
Right-click Free Triangular 1 and choose Size.
Swept 1
In the Model Builder window, right-click Mesh 1 and choose Swept.
Distribution 1
1 In the Model Builder window, right-click Swept 1 and choose Distribution.
2 Go to the Settings window for Distribution.
3 Locate the Distribution section. In the Number of elements edit field, type 2.
4 Click the Build All button.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 9, 2012, 2:00 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jane Smith

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.