Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with liveLink to MatLab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody!
I create simple 2D model in Comsol, then save it as Model M-file.
Open Comsol 4.2a with Matlab, in Matlab run this model. During execution Matlab said:
"
Error using feature
Input should be either a string or a scalar double

Error in model (line 67)
model.geom('geom1').feature('sq2').feature.comments('');
"
When i manualy delete line 67 in the M-File, model computing correctly.
What is this line ( model.geom('geom1').feature('sq2').feature.comments(''); )?
How to make sure that it didn't created?

2 Replies Last Post Jul 3, 2012, 8:46 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 2, 2012, 1:37 a.m. EDT
Hi

I can give a guess that it is the property comments line of your square "2" tab, each node has a property window with creation date, authrt ... and comments line. Probably something has arrived therein, and the field is not properly closed.
It's not easy to tell exactly what to do, but I have noticed that COMSOl did (in 4.0 to 4.1 days) sometimes flag errors late if some entries where cleared, or not properly filled in

If it is something systematic, then report it to support

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I can give a guess that it is the property comments line of your square "2" tab, each node has a property window with creation date, authrt ... and comments line. Probably something has arrived therein, and the field is not properly closed. It's not easy to tell exactly what to do, but I have noticed that COMSOl did (in 4.0 to 4.1 days) sometimes flag errors late if some entries where cleared, or not properly filled in If it is something systematic, then report it to support -- Good luck Ivar

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 3, 2012, 8:46 a.m. EDT
Hi Grigory

This is a bug in Comsol.

You should manually remove the lines with empty comments from your m-file.

Regards

Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Grigory This is a bug in Comsol. You should manually remove the lines with empty comments from your m-file. Regards Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.