Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

deformation when assembling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I met with a problem about deformation when assembling. but i only have the
original separate models before assembling them together. In order to
analyze this process, i have a idea: first, i give a pre-deformation for

the clamp, which may be a little larger than its actual deformation when
assembling; then I import other parts, at the same time, i release the
pre-deformation of the clamp and it will spring back to contact the surface
of other parts. However, i don't know whether i can analyze one model and
then import other model in Comsol.

It's a very tricky problem because if i import both of them at the same
time, they will overlay or interfere.

Does anyone have any suggestion or any method to solve my problem?

Thank you very much

zhengui

1 Reply Last Post Jul 4, 2012, 1:34 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 4, 2012, 1:34 a.m. EDT
Hi

that is probably not very easy, normally your volumes should not interfere, or you need to use perhaps "assembly mode" and add all your linked boundary conditions as pairs, something possible but rapidly long to set up for a more complex model

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that is probably not very easy, normally your volumes should not interfere, or you need to use perhaps "assembly mode" and add all your linked boundary conditions as pairs, something possible but rapidly long to set up for a more complex model -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.