Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Select and hide

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Howdy folks,

I am wondering if there is way to select and hide in the explict definitions

For instance, we define a explicit definitions and we would like to select specific domains, and we also want those selected domains are hidden after selected. Is there a way to do that?

8 Replies Last Post Aug 2, 2023, 4:14 p.m. EDT
Diotima University of Manchester/Material Science

Posted: 9 months ago Jul 19, 2023, 3:51 a.m. EDT
Updated: 9 months ago Jul 19, 2023, 3:52 a.m. EDT

you can directly hide or show geometry by seleting "Hide" or "Show" in this section,

-------------------
I'm the loser student who really want a PHD placement.
you can directly hide or show geometry by seleting "Hide" or "Show" in this section,

Posted: 9 months ago Jul 19, 2023, 4:00 p.m. EDT

Hi, Diotima

Thanks for the reply. I know this function, but what I am running into a problem is that: suppose you are trying add domains into some boolean operations, and you don't want to see them after they are added. Is there a way to do that?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Hi, Diotima Thanks for the reply. I know this function, but what I am running into a problem is that: suppose you are trying add domains into some boolean operations, and you don't want to see them after they are added. Is there a way to do that? Anyway, thanks for the help.

Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 months ago Jul 20, 2023, 5:24 a.m. EDT

As they each have a number, you could perhaps keep a list of these numbers and copy them into your selection windows.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
As they each have a number, you could perhaps keep a list of these numbers and copy them into your selection windows.

Posted: 9 months ago Jul 20, 2023, 3:49 p.m. EDT

Hi, Acculution

Thanks. This is very helpful suggestions, would you mind pointing out how to get a list of hided domains?

Appreciate!!

Hi, Acculution Thanks. This is very helpful suggestions, would you mind pointing out how to get a list of hided domains? Appreciate!!

Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 months ago Jul 31, 2023, 12:53 p.m. EDT

Hi, Acculution

Thanks. This is very helpful suggestions, would you mind pointing out how to get a list of hided domains?

Appreciate!!

I would probably just make a dummy phyiscs and select the domains in question They will be blue so I can see what I have selected Then make an explicit selection and delete the dummy physics

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
>Hi, Acculution > >Thanks. This is very helpful suggestions, would you mind pointing out how to get a list of hided domains? > >Appreciate!! I would probably just make a dummy phyiscs and select the domains in question They will be blue so I can see what I have selected Then make an explicit selection and delete the dummy physics

Posted: 9 months ago Aug 1, 2023, 1:22 p.m. EDT

Hi, Acculution

Yeah, this is a very clever trick. Thanks for the input.

Hi, Acculution Yeah, this is a very clever trick. Thanks for the input.

Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 months ago Aug 1, 2023, 1:43 p.m. EDT

Hello,

Note also that you can have multiple of the: Component > Definitions > View > Hide for Physics features Within that feature, you can select via any predefined Selection set.

One approach is to define a number of different Explicit Selections, and then create (and appropriately name) one "Hide for Physics" for each selection.

As a last step, you can enable/disable the individual "Hide for Physics" features. (Which should be easy once you've named them appropriately.)

Hello, Note also that you can have multiple of the: Component > Definitions > View > Hide for Physics features Within that feature, you can select via any predefined Selection set. One approach is to define a number of different Explicit Selections, and then create (and appropriately name) one "Hide for Physics" for each selection. As a last step, you can enable/disable the individual "Hide for Physics" features. (Which should be easy once you've named them appropriately.)

Posted: 9 months ago Aug 2, 2023, 4:14 p.m. EDT
Updated: 9 months ago Aug 2, 2023, 4:26 p.m. EDT

Hi, Frei

Thank you! I will implement your suggetions next time.

Hi, Frei Thank you! I will implement your suggetions next time.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.