Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Lithium ion battery 1D model: solver error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,
I am trying to solve the Lithium ion battery model from the model library (li_battery_1d). I am always getting this error message while solving study1 in it .Please help me on this.

Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity.
Time : 3592.798153276032
Last time step is not converged.

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post Dec 16, 2012, 5:34 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 16, 2012, 5:34 a.m. EST
aha,
I solved it.There are two studies in Li ion 1D model.study1 is using a particular current profile (i_app) as input .Study2 is parametric sweep which uses constant discharge currents with different values (i_app_p) till the battery voltage meets a stop condition. While running study1 the 'electrode current density' variable in 'lithium ion battery menu' should be set to ' i_app ' and when you compute the study2 this variable should be changed to ' i_app_p '.
aha, I solved it.There are two studies in Li ion 1D model.study1 is using a particular current profile (i_app) as input .Study2 is parametric sweep which uses constant discharge currents with different values (i_app_p) till the battery voltage meets a stop condition. While running study1 the 'electrode current density' variable in 'lithium ion battery menu' should be set to ' i_app ' and when you compute the study2 this variable should be changed to ' i_app_p '.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.