Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic-Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,
i need to model phase array transducer in comsol acoustic module. i don't know how to inter phase in comsol. i couldn't find any place for getting any phase?
can i model it in pressure boundary condition as an coefficient for example: p0=1e5*exp(-pi*i)
please let me know if you know how to generate phase shift in comsol?
thanks a lot

with best regards,

6 Replies Last Post Feb 17, 2016, 3:51 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 13, 2010, 1:33 p.m. EDT
Hi

try to check the doc for the word "phasor" as I do not have an accoustivc module I'm not sure how it is in accoustinc, but there are both complex values and phasor representation depends on the version and the application mode/physics you are using.

Normally the easiest is to try it out on very simple cases

Good luck
Ivar
Hi try to check the doc for the word "phasor" as I do not have an accoustivc module I'm not sure how it is in accoustinc, but there are both complex values and phasor representation depends on the version and the application mode/physics you are using. Normally the easiest is to try it out on very simple cases Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 25, 2010, 8:29 a.m. EDT
Hi, we may have the same problem. I just did a transducer simulation. And I am think to control the sound field using phase shift. How about set the boundary electrical. With different electrical potential on the transducer surface, maybe it works. Hope we could discuss together, if there are any chance.

Regards
Daniel
Hi, we may have the same problem. I just did a transducer simulation. And I am think to control the sound field using phase shift. How about set the boundary electrical. With different electrical potential on the transducer surface, maybe it works. Hope we could discuss together, if there are any chance. Regards Daniel

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 18, 2010, 5:01 a.m. EDT
Hi
Thank you for your considerations,
I still have this problem. I don't know how to insert initial phase in comsol acoustic module?
could you find any way?
can we insert this initial phase as a coefficient in pressure amplitude?
any guidlines would be appriciated.

regards,
fatemeh sharifi
Hi Thank you for your considerations, I still have this problem. I don't know how to insert initial phase in comsol acoustic module? could you find any way? can we insert this initial phase as a coefficient in pressure amplitude? any guidlines would be appriciated. regards, fatemeh sharifi

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 19, 2010, 5:18 a.m. EDT
Hi

have you checked the Forum and your doc for the term "phasor" ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked the Forum and your doc for the term "phasor" ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 15, 2016, 5:10 a.m. EST
Hi Ivar,

I also face the same problem, Could you please give me the link of the DOC "phasor". somehow I couldn't found it.

Thanks
Hi Ivar, I also face the same problem, Could you please give me the link of the DOC "phasor". somehow I couldn't found it. Thanks

Mads Herring Jensen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 17, 2016, 3:51 p.m. EST
Hi

When you model in the frequency domain all variables are complex valued (this is the nature of the frequency domain method). So in any place where you can enter a value you can enter it as complex valued. So just as you suggest enter: 1e5*exp(-20[deg]*i) to, for example, get a phase change of 20[deg]. Remember you can use units in Comsol. If you do not add the [deg] unit the default is of course radians.

In the tutorial model named Bessel Panel (in the Application Library) the sources have different phases.

Best regards
Mads

hi,
i need to model phase array transducer in comsol acoustic module. i don't know how to inter phase in comsol. i couldn't find any place for getting any phase?
can i model it in pressure boundary condition as an coefficient for example: p0=1e5*exp(-pi*i)
please let me know if you know how to generate phase shift in comsol?
thanks a lot

with best regards,

Hi When you model in the frequency domain all variables are complex valued (this is the nature of the frequency domain method). So in any place where you can enter a value you can enter it as complex valued. So just as you suggest enter: 1e5*exp(-20[deg]*i) to, for example, get a phase change of 20[deg]. Remember you can use units in Comsol. If you do not add the [deg] unit the default is of course radians. In the tutorial model named Bessel Panel (in the Application Library) the sources have different phases. Best regards Mads [QUOTE] hi, i need to model phase array transducer in comsol acoustic module. i don't know how to inter phase in comsol. i couldn't find any place for getting any phase? can i model it in pressure boundary condition as an coefficient for example: p0=1e5*exp(-pi*i) please let me know if you know how to generate phase shift in comsol? thanks a lot with best regards, [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.