Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using several Piezoelectric actuators

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I'm new in Comsol Multiphisics 4.0a. I am trying to simulate(stationary) piezoelectric actuator. The model includes just several piezoelements with different polarization directions ( using Definitions->Coordinate Systems->Rotated System).
So, when I do analysis with 2 piezoelements it is OK. But when I am trying to use three or more piezo the result seems to be wrong.

I thought that I properly set up the model. Why this happens?

I also attach a mph files (ver. 4.0a).

4 Replies Last Post Nov 29, 2011, 6:03 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 29, 2011, 2:30 a.m. EST
I attach files once more...
I attach files once more...

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 29, 2011, 3:01 a.m. EST
Hi

there must be something special in the early v4.0, as for me in 4.2a its solving as expected

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there must be something special in the early v4.0, as for me in 4.2a its solving as expected -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 29, 2011, 3:55 a.m. EST
Thank you for your reply! Could you re-attach your test file, because it has 0 size and I can't open it
Thank you for your reply! Could you re-attach your test file, because it has 0 size and I can't open it

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 29, 2011, 6:03 a.m. EST
Hi

indeed there seem to be a problem, I cannot upload any files today, funny, had some error warnings this morning too.
The image was just to show the 4x looked like the 2x with compressed PZT volumes

And it seems to repeat for IE and for Opera then I cannot do much

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi indeed there seem to be a problem, I cannot upload any files today, funny, had some error warnings this morning too. The image was just to show the 4x looked like the 2x with compressed PZT volumes And it seems to repeat for IE and for Opera then I cannot do much -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.